lunedì 1 novembre 2010

Review - Lords Of Metal


Our chief editor is a good man and a good friend, and has put up with a lot of my crap from my side this year! And although he knows I'm really grateful for his patience, I also knew that he would get even one day. But even I didn't see it coming that he would do it that with this band! As a fanatic Manowar supporter, I have always ignored and boycotted the Italian clowns of Nanowar (nowadays with the addition “Of Steel”) out of principal. The morons have now come up with their new album and looking at its cover artwork and its title, it already is obvious that they haven't changed one bit. Only this time I can't go around it and must and shall review this CD.

Well then, here we go and let me already say that – to my own surprise – I have laughed my ass off! Musically the five Nanowarrior's are quite capable and do know how to rock. The album also starts with the strong rock n' roll-like 'Nanowar' and with their funny lyrics, the band immediately sets the mood for the rest of the record. From 'Stormlord Of Power' onwards, it is again mainly Manowar and Rhapsody Of Fire who are the main targets. And that continues happily on 'The Nanowarriors Prayer' and 'Blood Of The Queens' (with the one-on-one solo from 'Battle Hymn' in between). And to be honest; they do what they do in a hilarious way. Although in general it is mainly the two aforementioned bands who are mocked with, many other bands and even Pink Floyd have not been able to escape these morons. 'Odino & Valhalla' for example is a hilarious mix of Manowar, Rhapsody, a random folk metal band, Pink Floyd's 'Another Brick In The Wall' and even a little piece of ‘Lambada’, with the theme song from ‘The Good, The Bad And The Ugly’ through the whole thing. ‘Radio Grafia’ is a medley-like songs were classics like ‘Radio Gaga’ (Queen), ‘Breaking The Law’ (Judas Priest), ‘Can I Play With Madness’ (Iron Maiden) en ‘Master Of Puppets’ (Metallica) are brutally Nanowarized. Or what to think of ‘Surprise Love’, which is a parody of glam bands such as Poison and Bon Jovi, together with a piece of Shaggy’s ‘Boombastic’. And the list goes on and on…By the double closing song ‘Karkangnor’s Song’ – ‘The Hobbit’ and ‘In The Forest’ – it is Blind Guardian that has to suffer the Nanowar makeover.

After hearing this record I can come to the next conclusions: I had already mentioned that the band definitely musically talented. Next to that they really have a sense of humour and have the gift to combine different bands and style in a hilarious way. And finally I can fully agree on what my colleague Koen said in his review for the band’s first full-length album, ‘Other Bands Play, Nanowar Gay’: ” In my opinion [is Nanowar] a musical worship on such acts like Manowar, Gamma Ray and Rhapsody and a lyrical metal satire…” and the fact that you shouldn’t take these guys too seriously. Altogether ‘Into Gay Pride Ride’ is an amusing album nice to hear for once, but after that you’ve also heard it all so to say.

ORIGINAL LINK

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento